COMMERCIAL NOISE REGULATIONS, ACOUSTIC DESIGN OF SCHOOLS, PLANNING AND NOISE
Commercial Noise Law and Commercial Noise Restrictions
London Secondary Glazing - Commercial
We have been installing commercial secondary glazing for noise for over 30 years as both main contractors and sub-contractors.
Our knowledge of the relevant regulations and policies is extensive and we work closely with acoustic design consultants to ensure compliance, best practise and cost-effective noise reduction for buildings, including schools.
Please contact us with any queries and we will be pleased to be of assistance.
Regulations and Policies
Recent years have seen a raft of additional, updated and extended Legislation and Policy Bulletins for sound insulation, noise insulation and acoustic design for:
- The workplace
- Public and Private Buildings and Institutions such as:
- All types of educational facilities
Secondary double glazing can be used to comply with these requirements for both New Build and Refurbishment projects.
Legislation and Policies for Sound Insulation, Noise Insulation and Acoustic design
- British Standard 8233: 1999: 'Sound Insulation and Noise Reduction for Buildings - Code of Practice'
- Planning Policy Guidance Note 24 (PPG24) - Planning and Noise
- Health Technical Memorandum 2045 - Hospitals - “Acoustics - Design Considerations”
- The Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005
- Building Regulations 2010 (England and Wales) Part E and Approved Document E
- Building Bulletin 93 (BB93) 'The Acoustic Design of Schools'
- “Auditory standards for school buildings” - Statement issued by The Minister of State for Schools and Learners October 2009 announcing a package of measures designed to ensure that school buildings have good acoustics.
- The Department for Children, Schools and Families (DCSF) announced that acoustic testing will be a contractual requirement for all rebuilt and refurbished secondary schools funded by BSF* projects in England
- * Building Schools for the Future (BSF) is the biggest-ever school buildings investment program
The above must be taken into account for all commercial construction and refurbishment works and in particular in the Health, Education and Hotel Sectors.
- An introduction to Secondary Glazing for Noise reduction
- Details of all our Commercial Secondary Glazing Services
- Typical and Recommended Commercial Noise Levels
Download our Secondary Glazing Brochure