Secondary Glazing Guarantee - Aluminium Frames, Glass, Fittings & Installation
In common with our ethical approach to doing business, which has helped us to become the largest supplier and installer of Secondary Glazing in London and the Home Counties, we provide:
- A Plain English, no quibble, comprehensive Guarantee - without any of the “small print”
Secondary Windows Guarantee - Products, Materials and Workmanship
1. Subject to the conditions set out below the Company guarantees that the products supplied will be free from inherent defects in materials and workmanship for a period of:
- A. Aluminium Frames and Sashes - 10 years
- B. Glass - 10 years
- C. all Fixed Parts including but not limited to screw fixings and corner cleat fixings - 10 years
- D. all Moving Parts including but not limited to locks, handles, hinges, rollers and spiral balances - 5 years
2. Secondary Glazing Glass:
- A. All Glass will be manufactured and supplied in strict accordance with BS 6262, BS 6206 and Section N1 of Approved Document N of the Building Regulations - which between them specify the Safety Glazing requirements for all areas of “Special Risk,” including “Bathing and Washing Areas.”
- B. where the Company has both surveyed for and installed the products it shall be responsible for 2 (A) above.
- C. in any other circumstance including but not limited to secondary glazing DIY and Trade Supplies the Customer shall be responsible for 2 (A) above.
Secondary Glazing Guarantee - Installation
3. The Company guarantees that all Secondary Glazing Installations carried out by the Company will be free from inherent defects in Workmanship and Installation Materials for a period of 10 years.
The Customer(s) Responsibilities
4. It is an Implicit Term of this Guarantee that Customer(s) will ensure that all products are used and maintained in accordance with the Company’s Operating and Maintenance Instructions, which can be downloaded here.
5. If the property where the products have been installed changes ownership then the remaining term of the guarantee is Transferable without Charge.
6. “The Company” “Secondary Glazing London” “our” “us” and “we” refer to The Glass Shop Cricklewood Ltd.
7. “The products” “secondary glazing” “secondary double glazing” and “secondary window/s” all refer to internal double glazing.
This Secondary Glazing Guarantee shall be subject to and construed in accordance with English law and is additional to your statutory rights.
Your Secondary Double Glazing Guarantee is automatically activated upon completion of the supply or installation.
You can download or print it here and enter your name, the supply or installation address, the date and your Invoice Number.
In the event of your selling the property in the future, you will need to pass it on to your Conveyancer.
For related information, please see:
- Operating Instructions
- Secondary Double Glazing for Heat Insulation & Energy Saving
- Acoustic Secondary Glazing - Measuring & Perception of Noise
Download our Secondary Glazing Brochure