All About Our Residential Secondary Glazing Installation Services
Secondary Glazing has been a mainstay of our business since 1986, we have grown steadily and to the best of our knowledge, we are now the largest specialist secondary glazing installer & supplier in London and the Home Counties.
Residential Secondary Glazing Installers
We are a friendly, family orientated company - we’re not pushy & we’re not desperate to sell you anything!
Whether it is a whole house or flat, or a single window - we approach every enquiry with the same high standards, attention to detail and focus on Customer Service.
Wherever there is a requirement for residential secondary glazing, we can meet it - if it can be done, we can do it.
We are often called upon to provide innovative, effective & economical solutions for the many different types of properties and windows throughout London and the Home Counties.
Please just contact us with any type of general or specific enquiry to get quick, reliable answers & a polite, professional response.
Residential Secondary Glazing Products & Services
We only supply top quality aluminium secondary glazing - white is the standard finish and we also stock a brown finish to match natural timber windows - as well as providing a RAL colour matching service.
Our range of secondary glazing units have been developed over 30 years to ensure that they offer everything that you would expect, including:
- a full range of Horizontally and Vertically Sliding Windows as well as Hinged, Fixed and Lift-out units
- the best secondary glazing for thermal insulation
- maximum Noise Reduction and Soundproofing of all types of windows
- added security
- condensation control
- years of robust, trouble free service
- a discreet, unobtrusive finished installation
We also replace windows and doors - so if you need a mixed secondary glazing installation and some replacement windows or doors - you only need to deal with one supplier.
Placing an Order, Survey & Manufacture
If you choose to accept our quotation, then one of our survey carpenters (please see our Unique Survey & Installation System) will visit to fit the sub-frames and take the manufacturing measurements and make sure that:
- each secondary window lines up with your primary window transoms and mullions so that views remain clear and unobstructed
- any pelmets and curtain rails, telephone, internet and alarm cables, blinds and shutters or any other obstructions are noted and taken into account
- the designs allow Fire Escape access
- Safety Glass Regulations are complied with
- all glass surfaces can be Easily Cleaned
All of the secondary windows are then:
- made to measure
- inspected for quality and accuracy
- wrapped for protection in transit
Secondary Glazing Installations & After Sales Service
Installation dates are agreed well in advance by telephone - we usually start early on the days during installation!
We have been secondary glazing installers for over 30 years and we take great pride in our work and always “go the extra mile” to make sure that our customers are fully satisfied.
Which is why we consistently get an over 99% “Yes” response to the question - “Would you recommend us?” - and almost 50% of our work comes from customer referrals!
- the full method and process of installation can be found here
- after installation, you will be protected by our comprehensive, no quibble, plain English Guarantee
- because we only install in London and the Home Counties and are based within 15 minutes of all the main arterial routes - you can be assured of a rapid response in the unlikely event of needing a service call
Download our Secondary Glazing Brochure
Commercial Secondary Glazing Installations
Commercial installations account for nearly half of our work and we undertake all types of contracts from one to hundreds of secondary windows, mainly specified for thermal and/or noise insulation.
Our clients come back to us time and again and include many well-known Builders, Housing Co-Operatives, Estate Agents, Interior Designers and Architects.
Amongst the many types of contracts we carry out are:
- Religious Premises
- Housing Associations
- Hotels & Leisure Facilities
- Pubs, Clubs & Restaurants
- Recording, Dance & Music Studios
- Civic, Government & Public Buildings of All Types
Please go to our Commercial Section for everything to do with our commercial services and installations.
Trade Secondary Glazing Suppliers
We deliver our secondary glazing supplies to the Trade throughout London and The Home Counties.
You can call us between the hours of 8.00 am and 5.00 pm Monday to Friday and on Saturday mornings to talk to one of us, or email us at any time.
Depending upon the time of day & the size of the job, we aim to get quotations back to you on the same day.
Additionally, we are always happy to help you with correctly specifying for sound, thermal, condensation, security or any combination of those.
For further information, to make an enquiry or get a price, please call our Trade Line 0208 452 9852.
DIY Secondary Glazing Kits
Our secondary glazing kits are manufactured from robust aluminium and glazed with top quality glass - not to be confused with the plastic framed, acrylic glazed, clip or stick on type of cheap secondary glazing.
Units are heavy and larger units require two people for safe handling. Unless you are a competent and experienced DIY’er, we do not recommend that you attempt fitting them yourself.
Tensioned Spring Balanced Vertical Sliders for Sash Windows - unless you have actual experience of fitting these units - you should not attempt it.
DIY Secondary Glazing - Costs, Prices, Estimates & Quotes
Getting an estimate or quotation for DIY secondary glazing kits, what is the difference?
- an estimate is based upon your approximate measurements
- it will give you a 99% accurate secondary glazing price
- a quotation will be based upon your actual measurements, taken for manufacture
- it will give you a firm, fixed price quotation, valid for 30 days
The Way Forward
If you decide to go the DIY route, we recommend that, as a minimum, you read the following downloads:
- Measuring Guide & Installation Instructions
- Product Drawings
- Single & Double Hinged Units
- Product Drawings with Dimensions
- Survey Sheet
- Recommended Fixing Screws
If you would like an Estimate, please Contact Us and include your sizes, unit types, glass types, frame colour, if part of a bay & any special requirements.
If you would like a Quotation, please complete the Survey Sheet and upload it to our Contact Form
- See how much you can save by installing secondary glazing
- Details of all our Products & Services are on our Overview Page
- Noise & Soundproofing Case Studies
Download our Secondary Glazing Brochure